Police investigate Cohuna woman’s death

By Riverine Herald


It has been determined there are no suspicious circumstances surrounding the woman's death at this stage.

A Victoria Police spokesperson said the Coroner's Office was continuing its investigations into the death.

UPDATE: 10.00am, November 29: 

The family of the woman who died in Cohuna will not be making any public comments at this stage.

“We would appreciate if people would be respectful as we are grieving and not do drive-bys of the house,” the woman's daughter-in-law said.

UPDATE: 9.30am, November 29: The death of a woman in Cohuna is still being investigated this morning.

The circumstances of her death, including whether it is suspicious, are yet to be determined.

Police are investigating after the body of the 57-year-old woman was found at a property in Cohuna yesterday morning.

Emergency services attended the Livingston St home about 8am.

UPDATE 10.20pm:

POLICE have postponed their investigation into the discovery of a woman’s body at a house in Cohuna.

But have left a guard on duty overnight.

A police spokesman told media they were called to the Livingstone St house around 8am today where they found the body of a 57-year-old woman.

Sergeant Roberta Barry from Kerang Police said police were still waiting for the results of a medical examination to determine the cause of death.

“Whenever a death is unexpected or unexplained there is always a police investigation,” Sgt Barry said.

“There is a crime scene guard until the results come back as a precaution.”

UPDATE 8.35pm:

Cohuna has been rocked by the discovery of a woman’s body today.

The Victoria Police crime scene squad has been at the Livingstone St house where the body was found.

The scene is taped off and at 8.30pm police were still controlling traffic around the scene.

Neighbours said they have been questioned by police about activities at the house.

A police spokesman said: “Police are attending an address in Cohuna following the discovery of a woman’s body, the cause of death is yet to be determined”.

It is the second time in two months that police have been called to Cohuna following the discovery of a body.

On September 13 Matt Alexander, 29, was gunned down at his home at Daltons Bridge.

Two men have been charged with that murder.

One man surrendered to police the day after the killing and the second was eventually caught and charged.

Both men are due to reappear in court in January.

A crime scene was established at an Eastons Rd property after Mr Alexander was found with life threatening injuries outside his property shortly after 6am on September 13.

Ambulance paramedics were unable to revive him and he died at the scene.


DETECTIVES and uniformed police have taped off a home in Cohuna investigating the death of a woman.

They are expected to release more details shortly.

More to come.