WHAT WE LEARNED
- The federal government has activated disaster recovery funding arrangements in fire-hit communities of Queensland and NSW.
- The tax office has provided $15.5 billion in income tax refunds so far for the 2018/19 financial year.
- There are 68 members of the construction union CFMMEU on 650 charges in courts around the country.
WHAT THE GOVERNMENT WANTED TO SPIN
- The government is supporting regional communities.
WHAT LABOR WANTED TO TALK ABOUT
- What checks has the prime minister made to ensure Liberal MP Gladys Liu is a fit and proper person to sit in parliament.
WHAT THEY SAID
"You should behave yourself, you are a disgrace." - an angry Deputy Prime Minister Michael McCormack responds to interjections by Labor's agriculture spokesman Joel Fitzgibbon.
"How is the deputy prime minister's unhinged attack on me relevant to the question asked?" Fitzgibbon in response.
"They stand for mo' money for the Labor Party." - Industrial Relations Minister Christian Porter on the two Ms in CFMMEU.
"If they stopped concentrating on 'wedgislation' and actually do their job they might be better off." - Labor leader Anthony Albanese.